Gautam Adani Biography : Gautam Adani is a very wealthy man who owns a lot of businesses and is also a philanthropist. Gautam Shantilal Adani is the chairman and founder of Adani Group. In this article we will learn about the life of the owner, chairman and founder of Adani Group and his hard work and success. You might not know that Adani used to work in a diamond company.
Today we will get information about many things like Adani's career, family, business etc. How Adani became the richest man in India.
Gautam Adani Biography
Gautam Shantilal Adani was born on 24 June 1962 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat in a middle-class Jain family. His father's name is Shantilal Adani and mother's name is Shanta Adani . His father was a small cloth merchant. Adani did his education from Sheth Chimanlal Nagindas Vidyalaya School, Ahmedabad. And did college from Gujarat University. He started his graduation in commerce and left it in the second year. His wife's name is Preeti Adani. They have two sons named Karan Adani and Jeet Adani.
Gautam Adani’s business story
- In 1978, when Gautam Adani was 16 to 17 years old, he left Ahmedabad for Mumbai to work as a diamond shorter in Mahendra Brothers' diamond company. While working here, he learned the tricks of business and after a few years, he started his own diamond brokerage firm in Zaveri Bazaar.
- Gautam Adani's elder brother Mansukhbhai Adani bought a plastics unit in Ahmedabad in 1981. Gautam worked with him in running the business. It eventually entered Adani's global business through polyvinyl chloride (PVC) imports. In 1985, Gautam started importing primary polymers for small scale industries. After this he founded Adani Exports in 1988. This company deals in agricultural and power commodities. Adani Exports is now called Adani Enterprises – the holding company of the Adani Group.
- During the 1990s, India's economic liberalization policies changed in Adani's favor as he began trading in a variety of products such as metals, textiles, and agriculture.
- Gautam Adani got the government contract for management outsourcing of Mundra Port in 1994. Later in 1995, Adani continued to expand its business and established the first jetty. Initially, it was operated by Mundra Port and Special Economic Zone, but later all its functions were transferred to Adani Ports and SEZ (APSEZ) after the contract. Adani is a company that operates several ports and Mundra Port is the largest private sector port in India. It has the capacity to handle approximately 210 million tonnes of cargo each year.
- Gautam Adani expanded his business by investing in the power sector and in 1996 he founded Adani Power, which produces thermal power. This power plant has a capacity of 4620 MW and is the largest private thermal power producer in India.
- Gautam Adani expanded its power generation business in 2006, and in 2009, it acquired Abbott Point Port in Australia and in 2012, it acquired Carmichael Coal in Queensland.
- Adani Group got the solar power power through a bidding process and the cost of the plant was $6 billion. Adani Green plans to launch similar solar projects in the future, while Adani Solar plans to set up an additional 2000 MW of solar cell and module manufacturing capacity.
Gautam Adani ‘s Foundation
Adani Foundation Operates in many different states across India. It operates in states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
Social work of Gautam Adani
- medical aid
- rural Development
- charitable initiative
In 1998, Gautam Adani was kidnapped and held hostage in exchange for ransom. Later he was freed by paying ransom. And Gautam Adani was one of those who were implicated in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks. Later he was rescued safely.
Gautam Adani’s NET WORTH
Gautam Adani is at number 16 in the list of the world's richest people with $64.7 billion.
Question: What is the caste of Gautam Adani?
Answer: Gautam Adani is from a Gujarati merchant family.
Question: What work does Gautam Adani do?
Answer: Gautam Adani, one of the richest men in the world and Indian billionaire industrialist and philanthropist Gautam Shantilal Adani is the chairman and founder of Adani Group.
Question: How many companies does Gautam Adani own?
Answer: Adani has a total of 7 companies which include Adani Port, Adani Energy, Adani Transmission, Adani Power and Adani Wilmar Limited.
Question: Gautam Adani ‘s net worth in 2023 ?
Answer: 64.7 billion dollars