Richest Politicians: Politicians earn most of their money from their salaries but they may have some properties or additional businesses that can contribute to their net worth. But not all politicians work on limited salaries and there are some who have amassed net worth worth billions including villas, automobile collections and other types of properties. Most of his wealth comes from family money but the source for most is not very clear. Here we have compiled and presented a list of top 10 richest politicians in the world in 2023-2024 that includes details of their wealth and its source.
Top 10 Richest Politicians in the World (World 10 Richest Politicians in 2023)
Let's check out the list of 10 richest politicians in the world in 2023- I have also shared their net worth and nationality in 2023.
|Name||Net worth (2023)||nationality|
|Vladimir Putin||$70 billion||Russia|
|michael bloomberg||$56 billion||United States of america|
|Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan||$30 billion||United Arab Emirates|
|Hassanal Bolkiah||$30 billion||Brunei|
|Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Nahyan||$20 billion||United Arab Emirates|
|Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum||$14 billion||United Arab Emirates|
|mohammed bin salman||$8 billion||Saudi Arab|
|silvio berlusconi||$8 billion||Italy|
|Imelda Marcos||$6 billion||philippines|
|Kim Jong Un||$5.2 billion||North Korea|
1. Vladimir Putin
- Vladimir Putin is the richest politician in the world where his net worth can range from 70 to 200 billion, no one knows the exact figure.
- Putin is the President of Russia since 2012 and previously from 2000 to 2008, and has served as Prime Minister from 1999 to 2000 and from 2008 to 2012.
- Europe's dependence on Russian oil and gas is a major source of Putin's international influence and his wealth.
- Putin has been voted the world's most powerful person four times between 2013 and 2016.
- Russia's richest person: Some people also claim that Putin may be the richest person in the world.
2. Michael Bloomberg
- Michael Bloomberg is the richest politician in the world in 2023 with a net worth of approximately $56 billion.
- Bloomberg has served as Mayor of New York City for 12 years, one of only four people to serve that long.
- As mayor of New York City, he established public charter schools, rebuilt urban infrastructure, created public health initiatives, and much MORE.
- Bloomberg was also ready to run for president in 2020 but later withdrew his name.
- A major philanthropist, Bloomberg has donated MORE than $12.7 billion to gun control, climate change and other causes.
3. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates.
- He is a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and his brother is the current President of the United Arab Emirates.
- Most of his wealth comes from his wealthy family and his personal wealth is estimated at $30 billion.
- Sheikh Mansour manages Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), an investment company of the royal family that owns Manchester City Football Club.
4. Hassanal Bolkiah
- Hassanal Bolkiah is the Sultan and Prime Minister of Brunei and one of the richest politicians in the world.
- Bolkiah is the world's second longest-reigning monarch, behind Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Sultan owns 600 Rolls-Royces, 450 Ferraris, 380 Bentleys and lives in the world's largest palace.
- Apart from the family fortune, most of his wealth is derived from Brunei's oil and gas.
5. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was the second President of the United Arab Emirates until his death in May 2022.
- His estimated net worth is around $20 billion making him one of the richest politicians in the world.
- According to Forbes 2018, Sheikh Khalifa was not only rich but also one of the most powerful people in the world.
- The world's tallest man-made structure, Burj Khalifa, was originally known as Burj Dubai but was later renamed in Khalifa's honour.
6. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the Vice President, Prime Minister and Minister of Defense of Dubai.
- Under his leadership, Dubai's business and economic assets have grown manifold, most of which he owns.
- However, most of his wealth comes from real estate development. His monumental projects include the artificial Palm Jumeirah Island and the Burj Al-Arab Hotel.
- His current net worth has reached approximately $14 billion, making him one of the richest politicians.
7. Mohammed bin Salman
- Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud is the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia as well as the Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister.
- Although his father remains the king of Saudi Arabia, power and control of the country remains in Mohammed's hands.
- Mohammed is linked to the extrajudicial killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi Arabian columnist for the Washington Post who had criticized the Saudi government.
- With an estimated net worth of $8 billion, Mohammed is one of the richest politicians in the world in 2023.
8. Silvio Berlusconi
- Silvio Berlusconi is an Italian politician who is one of the richest politicians and also one of the richest Italians.
- He served as Prime Minister from 1994 to 1995, 2001 to 2006, and 2008 to 2011.
- He is the longest-serving Prime Minister of post-war Italy and the third-longest-serving Prime Minister after Italian unification.
- Berlusconi is a well-known businessman with assets in television, newspapers, publishing, cinema, finance, banking, insurance and sports.
- Berlusconi currently has a net worth of approximately $8 billion, mostly coming from his widely expanded business ventures.